How We Do It
We follow a time- and experience-honored tradition of co-creating a vision with our clients to help them get the most out of their software.
- Pre-sales process
- You contact us and will hear from us within a few hours. We’ll ask you a few questions and immediately start work on preparing a proposal.
- We get the proposal back with a quick turnaround and we’ll give you a few days to get proposals back from other shops.
- We stay in touch during the evaluation process, answer any questions you have. You call and speak with our developers directly. There are no gatekeepers here, we’re too geeky for that.
- You select us and we sign all the agreements
- Hypothesis Development
- We spend some time with you and your stakeholders (including users, evangelists and partners) creating a vision of what the product needs to be to get the maximum yield for the budget. We capture this knowledge in the form of user stories and wireframes.
- When enough of the process is known, we start
- Iterative Mad Science
- We do weekly Agile iterations to deliver tangible value quickly and visibly so you can be getting feedback from users and the market
- We create story cards derived from the user stories we created earlier and estimate each one
- We work with you to set priorities and milestones
- We write unit and functional acceptance tests that serve as living documentation and an ad-hoc contract that the software will behave now and forever as it’s supposed to (ask us more about Behavior Driven Development, it’s a huge value driver).
- We do daily “Stand Up” status reports with you and the team to discuss what we did, what we’re doing and what roadblocks we have
- At the end of the iteration, we do a demo of the finished features and deliver the invoice so you can see the value you’re paying for
- We start a new iteration